DIY Hanging Leather Planter
- 1/4 yard faux leather
- 2 – 3 metal rivets
- Terracotta pot
- 2 pieces rope, each approximately 40 inches long
- Straight pins
- Cut a piece of leather that comfortably wraps all the way around your planter with a few extra inches on all sides.
- If your planter doesn’t have perfectly straight sides, you’ll need to cut your leather with a slight arch so it lies flat when wrapped around your planter. To do this, wrap the leather right-side down around your pot. Fold the edges over so you know where the edges of the pot are. Freehand draw a line about 1 inch from the top edge. Then do the same with the bottom edge.
- Unwrap the leather and lay on a flat table. Using sharp scissors, cut along the arch your just drew.
- Take the leather strip and wrap it around your pot. Use straight pins to hold the leather in place.
- Slide the leather off the pot. Use sharp scissors to create 2 – 3 small holes and attach your rivets in place of the pins.
- Using scissors, create 4 equally spaced holes just large enough to slide the rope through. Feed the rope ends through the holes and tie knots to secure.
- Slide the leather back onto your pot and hang.
Recipe by Hello Nest at https://hellonest.co/diy-hanging-leather-planters/