Homemade Wax Fire Starters
- 4 cups (about 1 pound) natural soy wax flakes
- Bay leaves
- Cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- Dried spices such as cloves, star anise and cardamom
- Small pine cones or pine needles
- Essential oils such as cinnamon, clove and spruce
- Cotton wicks
- 12-cup regular muffin pan
- Unbleached baking cups
- Glass jar for melting wax
- Line your muffin tin with paper liners. Fill each one with a mixture of bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, and dried herbs. Place a cotton wick in the center of each cup.
- Place your soy wax in the glass jar. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted. Add your essential oils and stir.
- Pour melted wax into each muffin tin until almost full. Add extra herbs if needed, then let cool completely.
- Remove the fire starters from the pan and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- To use, place a fire starter at the bottom of a wood-burning fireplace and stack the logs on top. Light the wick and allow the fire starter to burn until the wood catches.
Recipe by Hello Nest at https://hellonest.co/diy-homemade-wax-fire-starters/