Refrigerator Deodorizer Tabs with Essential Oils
Yield 8 tabs
Baking soda, sea salt and essential oils combine to create these powerful (and natural!) DIY refrigerator deodorizer tabs. Bye-bye bad smells!
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 1/3 cup sea salt
- 20-30 drops essential oil (I used grapefruit and thyme, but see below for some more fresh-smelling blends)
- Silicone mold, muffin tin or ice cube tray
- Place baking soda, sea salt and essential oils in a small bowl and stir well.
- Slowly add the water a tablespoon at a time until the mixture holds together like damp sand when pressed between your fingers. Stir again.
- Spoon the mixture into your mold and press down so it sticks together. Set aside to dry overnight.
- In the morning, pop the tablets from the mold and let them continue drying for another 24 hours or so. Store tabs in a lidded jar when not in use.
- To use, place 1-2 tabs on a plate or in a small bowl and stash in the back of the refrigerator. Replace tabs every 1-2 months.
Our Favorite Deodorizing Oil Blends
Courses Green Cleaning
Recipe by Hello Nest at https://hellonest.co/diy-refrigerator-deodorizer/