DIY Smudge Sticks
Yield 1 smudge stick
- 4 - 5 rose buds or lavender sprigs
- Roughly 15 sprigs of fresh herbs, like rosemary, sage and thyme
- Start by trimming your flowers and herbs to size. Secure a long piece of twine around the base of your herb bundle and continue wrapping it until you reach the top. You want to make sure to wrap the twine as tightly as you can so that it stays bound when the flowers dry and shrink.
- When you reach the top, tie your twine securely and trim the excess. Trim off any herbs that happen to be sticking out of the bundle.
- Set your smudge stick aside and allow it to dry for at least two weeks.
- To use, light your dried smudging stick with a lighter or match.
- Starting at the Eastern most room of your home, circle around the room clockwise, wafting the smoke as you go.
- Continue moving in a clockwise direction through the rest of your home, purifying each room similarly.
- Finally, extinguish the smoke under either running water and set it aside to dry. You can reuse the same smudge stick until there is nothing left to burn.
Recipe by Hello Nest at https://hellonest.co/diy-smudge-sticks/