Essential Oil Fragrance Stones
Yield 10 stones
- 1 ½ cups white flour
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water, brought to a boil
- 1 tablespoon essential oil or fragrance blend
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs or flower petals if desired
- 2 teaspoons mica or clay powder for color
- Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Add fragrance oil and coloring to boiling water and pour over the dry ingredients.
- Stir until a ball of dough is formed.
- Knead the dough until it's smooth and the color is evenly distributed.
- Pinch pieces of the dough off the main ball and roll into small balls. You can make them any size you like but I kept mine around 2-inches in length.
- Sprinkle dried herbs or flower petals on top of the stones and gently press in.
- Let dry completely before using or giving as gifts.
Recipe by Hello Nest at https://hellonest.co/essential-oil-fragrance-stones/