Cheesy Quick Bread
Yield 1 loaf
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, paprika and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese into the dry ingredients, breaking up clumps as you go. Stir a gain.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, butter, egg and sour cream. Whisk well.
- Slowly pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold gently until just barely mixed.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack before eating.
Recipe by Hello Nest at https://hellonest.co/quick-bread-recipe/