Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
For the dough
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk (we used homemade almond milk), luke warm
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
For the filling
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- *Optional - walnuts, raisins for the filling
To serve: maple syrup
- Combine the warm almond milk with coconut oil and yeast into a medium bowl, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix the flours, sugar and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and mix to combine.
- Use your hands to knead the dough for a few minutes - add a bit more flour if necessary. Knead until elastic but still slightly sticky.
- Cover the bowl with a clean towel and let the dough rise for 1 hour at room temperature.
- After the dough has doubled its size, transfer it onto a floured surface and roll it into a rectangle.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 360 F.
- Mix the coconut oil with cinnamon and sugar into a bowl to obtain a paste.
- Spread the paste onto the dough rectangle. You can sprinkle the walnuts and raisins at this step.
- Use your hands to roll the dough tightly lengthwise, then cut it with a knife in approximately 2 inch slices.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and arrange the rolls into the preferred shape, leaving some space between them.
- Cover with a clean towel and let rise for 30 more minutes.
- Bake for 30 mins until golden brown, then remove from the oven, and drizzle with maple syrup and coconut sugar, and set aside to slightly cool before serving.
Recipe by Hello Nest at https://hellonest.co/vegan-cinnamon-rolls-recipe/