Superfood Vegan Nutella + Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie with Nutella Swirl
For the Vegan Nutella (to fill a 10 oz jar)
- 1 cup dry pitted dates, soaked into water for 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch sea salt
For the Pumpkin Pie (for a 9-inch tart pan)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups roasted pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 organic eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Superfood Vegan Nutella
- Drain the dates and add them into the foo processor.
- Pulse to obtain a creamy butter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process to obtain a chocolate cream (it will take about 5 minutes with pauses).
- Transfer the chocolate cream into a jar.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/392F.
- Add the oats into the processor and pulse two or three times to obtain a chunky flour.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar and almond milk and process to obtain a dough. Cover with plastic foil and add into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a 11' diameter circle and transfer to the 9' tart pan. Flute the edge as desired, than cover with plastic foil and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Add the pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut milk and cinnamon to the processor and pulse to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Remove the tart pan from the refrigerator and fill the tart with the pumpkin mixture.
- Top with Superfood Nutella and use a sharp knife or a toothpick to make swirls.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove and set aside to cool before serving.
Recipe by Hello Nest at https://hellonest.co/vegan-nutella-recipe/