Ah, dinner planning. When the 5pm ‘what’s for dinner’ panic arrives, I often spend whole minutes staring into the fridge, hoping a meal will miraculously appear. If you’re tired of takeout, PB&J and boring, bland chicken, you’ll love this easy weeknight pizza recipe.
I always find it helpful to plan out a menu for the week, but this time of year it’s more than just helpful – it’s necessary! With busy home schooling days and so much time spent at home, having a meal plan and shopping list for the week keeps me sane. Figuring out what’s for dinner is one thing that can easily be crossed off the to do list each day.
This pizza recipe was created with chilly January evenings in mind. It emphasizes warmth and comfort, as well as ease and simplicity. This pizza also makes use of the delicious seasonal vegetables you can find this time of the year.
At my house, Friday night is pizza night, which I look forward to because pizza is simple, quick, and always a crowdpleaser. With a store-bought pizza dough from Trader Joe’s (or a low-carb version if you’re so inclined) and a rotisserie chicken, this Winter Veggie Pizza with Chicken can be ready in less than an hour! It’s a healthy, delicious way to end a busy week.
Winter Vegetable Pizza with Chicken
- Your favorite pizza dough
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 small red potatoes washed and diced
- 1 small parsnip peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 10- ounce package of goat cheese softened
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup cooked chicken coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spread sweet potatoes, onions, potatoes, parsnip, and garlic on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Place on middle rack of preheated oven and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened goat cheese, parmesan, dried rosemary, and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stretch dough to fit a 15 inch pizza pan, or into a 15 inch round circle if you are using a heated pizza stone. Parbake dough for 3 to 5 minutes, if desired.
- Spread goat cheese mixture evenly over the pizza crust, leaving a one inch border around the edges. Top with roasted veggies and chopped chicken. Sprinkle grated mozzarella evenly over the top of the pizza. Top with fresh rosemary. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.