Mediterranean Pasta with White Beans and Arugula
When it comes to quick and easy pasta dinners, this is one you'll want to add to your repertoire. The whole recipe comes together in the time it takes for the water to boil and pasta to cook.
- 8 ounces pasta any variety
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups wild or baby arugula
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained if packed in oil
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1/2 cup pitted and sliced kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano or basil for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes optional
Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, gather the other ingredients. During the last 1-2 minutes of the pasta cooking time, add the white beans to the water so they can be warmed up.
Drain the pasta and beans. Place them back in the pot and add the arugula, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and olives. Toss well.
Add the olive oil and lemon juice to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the shaved Parmesan cheese, fresh herbs and pine nuts. Serve immediately with red pepper alongside, if desired.
Serving: 1/4 recipeCalories: 626kcalCarbohydrates: 66.9gProtein: 19.4gFat: 26.9gSaturated Fat: 5.1gFiber: 7.9gSugar: 6.2g