Sometimes adhering to specific diets can seem intimidating and overwhelming, but this Mexican chicken and veggies Whole30 dinner is extremely simple, straightforward and full of flavor.
I have many friends who currently eat only Whole30 compliant foods, and I’ve had the pleasure of trying out their recipes–and loving them! So I decided to go a little wild and make one myself.
The idea of Whole30 is to eat foods that nourish your body and make you feel maximally energized. More specifically it means no sugars, dairy, grains, legumes, or alcohol. Seem like an exhaustive list? You’d be surprised at how many meals you probably already eat are Whole30 compliant, even if you aren’t already on the diet.
This Mexican chicken and veggies is inspired by my go-to fajita recipe, minus the tortillas! The chili powder, cumin, garlic, and paprika that season the chicken add lots of flavor, while bell peppers give you a boost of vitamins A, C, and B6.
Did I mention this meal takes under 45 minutes to make, from beginning to end? And requires only one pan and a minimal cleanup? It’s the ultimate dinner! Serve it with cauliflower rice and you have a perfectly balanced and delicious Whole30 dinner. Enjoy!
Whole30 One-Pan Mexican Chicken and Veggies
Basically, it's sheet pan fajitas without the tortillas – and it's an easy Whole30 dinner everyone will love!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 orange bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, and paprika. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place chicken breasts and veggies on the pan, making sure they are evenly spaced and not overcrowded. Coat the chicken on both sides with the spice mixture. Sprinkle remaining spices on the veggies. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F. Remove and serve while warm.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.