Delineating certain spaces for certain activities is an excellent reminder to single-task and tackle our to-do list one thing at a time. For example, while it might be easier to grab lunch at your desk or dinner in front of the TV, it’s healthier for the body and spirit to leave the eating to the kitchen.
With that in mind, we thought about ways to encourage oneself to take time for mediation. Nothing fancy, just a designated space to practice stillness and mindfulness. Your very own cozy, inviting spot for relaxation and peace of mind. Doesn’t that sound nice?
Start with our beginner’s guide to meditation, then scroll down for our picks for a welcoming home meditation space:
1. Maji Sports Jute Yoga Mat // A soft yoga mat will keep you comfortable, which means you will be less distracted while meditating.
3. Plow & Hearth Matches // Light up your favorite candle or incense with equally beautiful matches.
4. Chesapeake Bay Candle Scented Candle // This natural candle will subtly light up your space while scenting it with salty ocean wave vibes.
5. Linen Meditation Cushion // Handmade linen meditation cushion in a neutral color with a subtle leaf print, filled with buckwheat hulls or kapok.
6. Bodha Smokeless Incense // Crafted using the finest organic woods and essential oils, this incense offers a gentle fragrance and smokeless burn.
7. Breathe Wood Sign // A little reminder to inhale and exhale–perfect as an addition to your meditation space.
8. Chevronica Crystal // Place this geometric Amethyst crystal in your space to maintain a balanced spirit and embrace vibrations of meditation and calm.24